[rules-dev] IntelliJ ipr, iml files in subversion break my svn up

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 12:22:43 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

Someone removed the *.ipr and *.iml files from svn:ignore and committed
their *.ipr, *.iml files.
Subversion now refuses to svn up because I got local iml files that
conflict with the repository iml files.

Since IntelliJ can easily synchronize from the maven2 pom.xml files, I
don't think it's a good idea to commit those.
When not everyone uses the same version of IntelliJ this can be problematic.
Also, I explicitly exclude drools-guvnor out of my ipr file to build faster.

Can that change be reverted? I believe the old way is better.

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet