[rules-dev] [Fwd: Re: drools-spring and drools-guice]

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Jan 14 13:40:02 EST 2008

 From Ales, a core JBoss Micro Container developer:

-------- Original Message --------

> I believe the JBoss MC people have done some work in this area, I have cc'd to see if they have
> any input or documentation pointers.

This is what we currently have:
 - MC + Drools:
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=117607
 - MC + Guice: http://www.jboss.com/?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=119144

MC + Spring: what we do here is very simple, we simply map MC's IoC
support on top of Spring beans schema. Meaning you can drop in Spring
beans XML, and the MC will be able to deploy your beans w/o any Spring
lib in classpath.

I did a fair amount of Spring back in the pre-MC days. And I still
follow what's going on with Guice, as I help with WebBeans.
So, if you have any question let me know.

Cheers,
	Ales