[rules-dev] good idea?

Steven Williams stevearoonie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 23:45:40 EDT 2008

I have a current need for constants, and Mark's idea would be a partial
solution. I can see however a requirement for a constant across all DRLs,
whereas I think Mark's way would require you to initialise the constant in
every file in which it is used.

cheers
Steve

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org> wrote:

> Having MVEL initialisers for variables something I'd like to see happen.
>
> global Integer i  = ... some mvel expresion....;
>
> Would that solve all the needed use cases?
>
> Mark
>

> Michael Neale wrote:
>
>> Someone asked about:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/rules-users@lists.jboss.org/msg05142.html
>>
>> Basically - request was for constants in DRL (effectively).
>>
>> Thoughts? (ping me directly if you have a strong opinion on it).

Steven Williams

Supervising Consultant

Object Consulting
Office: 8615 4500 Mob: 0439 898 668 Fax: 8615 4501
steven.williams at objectconsulting.com.au
www.objectconsulting.com.au

consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference