[rules-dev] Leaps Match Algorithm discontinuation

stuntman-mike at web.de stuntman-mike at web.de
Wed Jun 4 04:15:10 EDT 2008

Hello,

I noticed that the Leaps algorithm implementation is not existent any more in version 4.x.
I would like to know the reason for discontinuing Leaps support.
Were there performance or implementation problems?

Background: I'm working on my Master's Thesis about pattern matching algorithms for rule based multiagent systems.
Main motivation is to find an efficient algorithm that needs less space than Rete.
Because Leaps claims to be far more efficient than Rete it is very interessting for me why you kept Rete and discarded Leaps.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, E.L.