[rules-dev] Drools - Spring (IOC) - In progress

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 02:16:36 EST 2008

Have you considered taking advantage of the BeanFactory interface (and
probably ApplicationContextAware, InitializingBean and DisposableBean)?
It's spring specific, but it will make life a lot easier on spring
drools users.

As I see it, a drools RuleBase ~ a hibernate EntityManagerFactory, and a
drools WorkingMemory ~ a hibernate EntityManager.
So the RuleBaseBean could implement DisposableBean (and other lifecycle
interfaces as needed) so it knows when to destroy the rulebase (if
that's needed)?

Seam also does something similar, but only on the working memory:
http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.0.1.GA/api/org/jboss/seam/drools/ManagedWorkingMemory.html
Notice the destroy() method.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet