[rules-dev] Re : Drools 4.0.x branch has still some issues with serialization

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Fri Mar 14 06:53:09 EDT 2008

    Good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

    Drools has 2 configurations for what you want:

1. If you want to completely deny the "existence" of 2 or more equals()
objects in the working memory, change the assert behavior to EQUALITY based.
The default behavior is IDENTITY based:

drools.assertBehaviour = <identity|equality>
or
RuleBaseConfiguration.setAssertBehavior()

2. If you want to allow existence of equals() objects in the working memory,
but want each fact matching at most one pattern in your rule, set
removeIdentities to true:

drools.removeIdentities = <true|false>
or
RuleBaseConfiguration.setRemoveIdentities()

    []s
    Edson

2008/3/14, siddhartha banik <siddhartha.banik at gmail.com>:

> Hi Drools Team,
>
> I have checked out *Drools 4.0.x branch* & found that all my test
> scenarios with *"Dynamic Rules"* are now *working fine* *:-)*.
>
> Thanks a lot for fixing the issues so promptly. I appreciate it !!!
>
> Now, we will definitely use Drools in our application.
>
> I have a *Good To have* feature request for Drools:   "Include check for
> duplicate objects being asserted into Working Memory & don't generate any
> activation for such objects or silently don't assert them at all in WM."  I
> tested this scenario with *JESS*, they are already doing that. This will
> save Drools user from doing duplicate check, which is bit costly now.
> Or can you please suggest me any simple way, by which still I can achieve
> this in Drools ?
>
> Thanks & Happy Drooling
> Siddhartha

  Edson Tirelli