[rules-dev] Get node's rule

Waleed Zedan wzedan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 22:56:37 EST 2008

Thanks Mark And Edson for your guidlines.

I need to gather statistics about how many rules have been fired, and also
partial rule firing, for example if a rule 1 has 3 conditions, 1 of them is
never fired, but the other conditions get fired, then we have to remove this
condition. (the rule firing data will be persisted somewhere).

Thanks.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Edson Tirelli <tirelli at post.com> wrote:

>    I would follow a different path. During network building you have that
> information. So, make the nodes reference their rules objects, or have a
> String[] for the rule names at least.
>    Some considerations:
>
> * A node may be shared among multiple rules, so you will need a list of
> rule references for each node.
>
> * Be careful with memory consumption. Find a cheap way to store such
> information.
>
> * Make sure your schema does not increase serialization cost too much.
>
>     At runtime, then you have the information ready to go in each node.
>
>     What are you working on? Would you be willing to contribute back to the
> project?
>
>     []s
>     Edson
>
> 2008/11/10 Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org>
>
>  Waleed Zedan wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> in AlphaNode.java (similarly beta nodes descendants)
>> public void assertObject(final InternalFactHandle handle,
>>                              final PropagationContext context,
>>                              final InternalWorkingMemory workingMemory)
>> throws FactException {
>> if ( this.constraint.isAllowed( handle.getObject(),
>>                                         workingMemory,
>> }
>>  // I need to put code here to get the rule and previous statisfied
>> conditions
>> }
>>
>> I need to get rule that owns the alpha or beta node as well as all the
>> previous conditions that have been satisfied.
>>
>> For example:
>> Rule 1 :
>>         Condition1 -> Node1
>>         Condition2 -> Node2
>>         Condition3 -> Node3
>>
>> so if fact1 satisfies condition 1 & 2 only, but condition 3 doesn't
>> satisfy it, I need to store the information that rule 1 with condition 1 &
>> condition 2 have been satisfied.
>>
>> So , how can I get the rule that owns the condition?
>> Can I get this information from
>> workingMemoryEventSupport.fireObjectInserted event?
>>
>> The rete network information is not exposed publicly. Do you know how to
>> get access to the nodes themselves already? Via the Rete object on the
>> RuleBase, you'll need to cast the workingmemory and rulebase to
>> implementations to do this. From there do you know how traverse the network,
>> and from there now to lookup the node memories? The node memories are in the
>> workingmemory, you can see the method in each node how it retrieves that
>> memory.
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> Thanks,
>> --