[rules-dev] Naive questions on rules

Ellen Zhao enzhao at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 03:29:01 EDT 2008

Hi Wei Tai,

first of all, there is a Chinese proverb "Give a man a fish and you
feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a
lifetime.", so please allow me to mention that google and wikipedia
are your good friends when you start to learn something. Here is a
Wikipedia entry for Production Rule System:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_system

You can search for the other concepts yourself. And, the official
Drools Documentation is exceptionally good, please by all means read
it if you are new to expert system and Drools. Here you can download
the latest Drools 5.0.0 M2 doc as a zip file:

http://www.jboss.org/drools/downloads.html

You will know from the web articles and Drools doc that there are good
books for beginners. Grab the book list and go to your univ. lib or
amazon.com, get a copy and invest time for reading.

Hope that helps.

Ellen N. Zhao