[rules-dev] Rule templates fed from objects

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 04:52:28 EDT 2009

Hello Steve,

well, hm, yes, I'd seen from the source that it's possible to pass in arrays
of strings as actual parameters. But I'd thought of pushing this just one
small step further.

>From a TemplateContainer created from a template .drl file (no column data
yet) you could learn the column names. These names should correspond to
fields in a Bean. Access a Bean Object collection, retrieving the values (by
reflection) to expand the templates into actual rules.

Since there is a public Column[] getColumns in TemplateContainer, it's no
big deal to implement it in an application, so I won't insist ;-)

Regards
Wolfgang