[rules-dev] drools mailing list webpage: mention gmane newsgroups too

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:12:49 EST 2009

I agree - do we need the nntp? those who use news readers still (!)
would know what to do - could we just link to the http interface if we
don't already.

In terms of finding answers - google indexes the mailing lists just
fine, I often find answers myself that way ! so the read only aspect
is ok.

What is the experience like if people want to post to the lists from
gmane etc? Does it actually work? I have never tried it myself, always
been a mailing list fan myself (but that is changing, its just too
much to keep up with).

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Geoffrey De Smet
<ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Many people don't subscribe to the user mailing list because they don't
> want to litter their mailbox.
> So instead, they start mailing dev's directly, which we don't want.
>
> One solution is gmane.org.
> Gmane turns our mailing lists into newsgroups,
> so if they direct their e-mail client to this newsgroup url
>   nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.user
> they can ask a question without littering their mailbox.
>
> I propose we add another column to this page
>   http://www.jboss.org/drools/lists.html
> with the title
>   Newsgroup (doesn't litter mailbox)
> Which has a link to these url's:
>   nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.user
>   nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.devel
>
> --
> With kind regards,
> Geoffrey De Smet

Michael D Neale