[rules-dev] KnowledgeAgent not building change-set resources in order defined

Steve Ronderos steve.ronderos at ni.com
Tue Nov 24 16:53:39 EST 2009

Hello Rules Devs,

I'm experiencing an issue in Drools 5.0.1.FINAL using a KnowledgeAgent to
build my rules which are defined in a change-set.xml file.  My rules
resources contain a dsl and a dslr.  Everything was working perfectly
until today when I changed the names of the dsl and dslr files.  All of
the sudden the Agent started throwing exceptions saying that the dsl
patterns could not be expanded.  After a little research it appears that
the reason this is happening is that the Agent does not necessarily build
the resources defined in the change-sets provided to it in the order that
the resources are defined.  For now I have stopped using the
KnowledgeAgent.  It turns out that I'm not really using any of the
KnowledgeAgent features and that a KnowledgeBase will work fine for now.
In the future I would like to use the KnowedgeAgent.  I googled around a
little to try to find any other information on this issue but found
nothing.  Is this a known issue? Should I log a JIRA request?

Thanks,

Steve Ronderos