[rules-dev] Querying long running human tasks by mapping variables

watters.john at gmail.com watters.john at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 12:55:43 EDT 2010

I’m using drools in order to make a decision on whether to purchase certain
stock items or dispose of stock items.   Our system takes a stock import and
feeds the values into drools by inserting an object into the knowledge
session; this object is mapped to the human task as a variable.  If a rule
passes it will create a human task to purchase stock for that item.  The
user then purchases more stock and completes the human task.

Our system may import the same stock file and feed the values into drools
again, I want to ensure that a task isn’t created to purchase that stock
item again, is there any way of searching previously completed tasks by the
object mapped as a variable to the human task.

Thanks,