[rules-dev] A dazzling feature - not in Drools!

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 11:42:18 EDT 2010

I *would* have added something on dynamic salience when I went over the
Expert manual, in 2008 (?) - if I'd only known it. Blogging is fine - but it
just isn't Documentation, with a capital 'D'.

This is also a nice case in point why I'm reluctant to invest work in
maintaining Drools documentation: From where the heck would I get to know
what's missing or obsolete or wrong? In some areas, I have gathered
sufficient experience, but there are vast areas where I'm anything between
spottily witted to downright ignorant. Also, there's some furious hacking
going on all the time (I presume), and how would one rein that it to get to
know what's happening?

Anyway, right now I'm collecting a loose set of How-tos, as a by-product of
current work, and for areas where I deem it useful. See
http://members.inode.at/w.laun/ and scroll down to "Rule Based Programming"
/ "Drools" / "Selected Topics".

-W