[rules-dev] Accessing JCR repository directly

Bernd Rücker bernd.ruecker at camunda.com
Sat Feb 27 12:53:29 EST 2010

Hey guys.

I thought I better ask that question on the dev list, correct me if that
was a bad choice ;-)

I want to programmatically access the JCR repository from another
application (basically to author rules). I understood the RulesRepository
(which is a nice interface by the way).  I tried to understand how the JCR
Session is created and can be accessed. As far as I found it, it seems
that a Seam Bean just starts everything (RulesRepositoryManager).  Now the
question is: How can I access this from another application? Because the
workspace is locked, I cannot create another Session from there.

Wouldn’t it be nice to bind the stuff in JNDI correctly or something like
that? Or if I do that, can I inject it into the Seam application? Or maybe
I can access the seam bean somehow from external?

I think it would be the easiest and best to access the JCR repos instead
of using WebDav or whatever if I am in another EJB3 application

Thanks a lot for any hint

Cheers

Bernd

--

Blog:  <http://www.bpm-guide.de> www.bpm-guide.de

camunda services GmbH - The Business Process Company

Zossener Straße 55-58 - 10961 Berlin

 <http://www.camunda.com> www.camunda.com -  <mailto:info at camunda.com>
info at camunda.com

Bernd Rücker

Geschäftsführer

Telefon +49 30 664040 901

Mobil +49 171 1473461

 <mailto:bernd.ruecker at camunda.com> bernd.ruecker at camunda.com

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 113230 B

Geschäftsführer: Jakob Freund, Bernd Rücker

BPMN-Buch:  <http://www.hanser.de/buch.asp?isbn=978-3-446-41768-7>
http://www.hanser.de/buch.asp?isbn=978-3-446-41768-7

EJB-3-Buch:  <http://www.ejbbuch.de/> http://www.ejbbuch.de/