[rules-dev] .classpath files within drools trunk

Jervisliu jliu at redhat.com
Sat May 8 10:40:19 EDT 2010

Mark Proctor wrote:
> On 08/05/2010 05:13, Michael Neale wrote:
>> I think the past approach was not to have them - and instead let mvn
>> eclipse generate them - but somehow they got checked in along the
>> way. At least it used to be that way.
> Maven use to not be able to build the eclipse files in the entire
> trunk would not build. So from time to time we generate and commit the
> .project and .classpath to keep them up to date.

Personally I prefer not to have these .project and .classpath files
checked in. They are annoying. For example, I always use "mvn
eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse" to generate eclipse project. When I do a
svn commit, these .project and .classpath files always show up as
modified, I have to manually exclude these files from commit list.

Mark, the Maven eclipse project generation problem you mentioned, does
it still exist or has it been fixed in the newer version of maven?

Jervis