[rules-dev] Call for docs: How to run/deploy Guvnor on various servers. WAS: Re: Drools-Guvnor on Oracle AS (OC4J) 10.1.3

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Thu May 20 07:10:37 EDT 2010

mamadou.ensi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you Michael, I will explain how to deploy Guvnor on Weblogic AS in a
> over 4 months, I have tried to certify Drools and did some benchmarks. I
> will post results in few days.
>
> Regards

A big +1! This will be an invaluable help to our community. Almost every
week there are questions in the mailing list asking things like how to
run Guvnor on JBOSS AS 5.1, JBOSS AS 6, Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere,
Glassfish etc. It will be a great save of both community's time as well
as drools developers' time if we can gather our best knowledge together
and have them well documented, including configurations, tricks,
limitations etc.  To start with, I've just gone through our mailing
list, most questions are from following areas:

1. JBOSS AS 5.1/ JBOSS AS 6
Docs we already have:
[1]. http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14395?uniqueTitle=false
[2]. http://community.jboss.org/wiki/DroolsGuvnor50inJBossAS5

2. Tomcat 5.x, Tomcat 6
Docs we already have:
[3]. http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBRMSjsfdependencies

3. WebLogic 11

4.  WebSphere 6.1:
Docs we already have:
[4]. Wiki: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/DeployingGuvnor5OnWebSphere
[5]. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.user/12476/focus=12505
[6]. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.user/12581

5. Glassfish:
Docs we already have: some pretty old discussions, not if they are still
valid:
[7]. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.user/12610
[8]. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.drools.user/12476/focus=12518

I volunteer to take care of JBOSS AS, Tomcat related. I will verify
various docs we already have, make sure they are accurate and up to date
then I put them together into one doc. Mamadou,  can I assume you will
help to verify WebLogic related docs? I am not familiar with WebSphere
and Glassfish, any volunteer to take a look into WebSphere and
Glassfish? They are some docs about WebSphere already [4], but I am not
sure if its still valid.

Jervis*

*