[rules-dev] KnowledgeAgent & Incremental change-set processing

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed May 26 18:37:05 EDT 2010

On 26/05/2010 18:15, Esteban Aliverti wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm seeing a lot of KnowledgeAgent related questions in this list.
> That's why I made 2 posts explaining a little bit the new
> implementation (since 5.1 I think). In these posts I cover the
> incremental change-set processing of resources preformed by the agent.
> The first post is a high level description and the second post is
> aimed to developers. Any feedback will be appreciated!
>
> http://ilesteban.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/knowledge-agent-incremental-change-set-processing-and-binary-diff/
> http://ilesteban.wordpress.com/2010/05/26/knowledge-agent-incremental-change-set-build-implementation/
Esteban,

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get the function diff working for
5.1, not enough time. I'd document that for now functions are always
replaced (you might need to update your impl to make this work). In
theory there should not be too many functions anyway, and updating
functions does not have impact on the current rule matches.

So in the release notes, and documentation when you do it. 1) functions
are always replaced, as no binary diff at the moment 2) type
declarations can be dynamically added, but cannot be modified or removed
at the moment (any volunteers to make this work?).

Mark