[rules-dev] Convert drl to brl

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Sep 14 16:27:57 EDT 2010

  On 14/09/2010 19:18, ronaldzo30 wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a schema for the brl xml so that we can
> validate our xml to make sure it is going to work in Guvnor.
>
> I have done some research on tools to convert drl files to brl but haven't
> found anything yet, if there is one please let me know.
>
> In the mean time an schema for the xml that is used for business rules (brl)
> files is very appreciated.
There is no schema for BRL, and it's considered an "internal" format, I
think it's just an xstream dump or something. The plan is to move to
ruleml, see archive for previous emails on this. Also remember not all
of DRL is supported in the guided editor.

What I'd do is look at the DrlDumper for an example of how to read in
DRL. Then just visit it and "dump" something that works with the guided
editor. If you get it to work, then submit a patch :)

Mark