[rules-dev] Persistent FOL quantifier results

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 02:05:32 EDT 2010

On 14 September 2010 17:47, Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org> wrote:

>  Here is another project proposal, this time simpler. I think this one has
> Wolfgang's name on it ;)

I don't recall having proposed anything relating to this?

My last proposal was making FOL quantifier result "false" non-blocking for
LHS evaluation and accessible through a binding variable. As this is now
public, I asked around for opinions on my short
paper<http://members.inode.at/w.laun/drools/EnhancingFOL.pdf>,
and here is one comment, which I interpret to be positive and encouraging:

<quote>
It seems to me that the most powerful new concept here is the ability to
directly combine Boolean statements about WMEs with Boolean statements about
other quantities in the same expression, at the same level -- i.e., to be
able to directly express "(some WME exists) || f(x) == 3", *which is awkward
at best in most rule languages*.
</quote>
(Emphasis added by me.)

Cheers