[rules-dev] Drools syntax diagrams - redrawn

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Sep 22 10:40:54 EDT 2010

   I agree with Wolfgang here in the sense that it is much better a
low level, not so friendly, ****up-to-date**** diagram, than the
higher level, manually drawn diagrams that we end up never having the
time to update...

   Just my 0.02c.

PS: but I would prefer deprecating pre-fixed or/and instead of
infix... hehehehe

   Edson

2010/9/22 Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun at gmail.com>:
> Service:
> http://www-cgi.uni-regensburg.de/~brf09510/syntax.html
>
> The grammar syntax is the same as used in DRL.g but stripped of all the
> antsy additions, and simplified.
>
> @Mark: I'm well aware of the limitations of a 1:1 translation of a parser's
> grammar into diagrams. I have reduced the splits into separate rules in
> DRL.g considerably. But what do you want to hide from the users? The syntax
> is the syntax, and there's no sweet-talking around it after you have reduced
> all the noise from technical splits.
>
> One thing that might help would be deprecating things like infix or/and.
>
> Some rules can be omitted if they coincide with Java's own rules; just add
> an explanation.
>
> -W
>

> On 22 September 2010 14:56, Anstis, Michael (M.) <manstis1 at ford.com> wrote:
>>
>> What was the service and was it the ANTLR grammar you uploaded to
>> generate the images?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mike

  Edson Tirelli