[rules-dev] Another mvel problem - see user list, today

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:45:45 EDT 2011

I'll not create any JIRAs for problems that come and go with the presence
and absence of dialect "mvel".

After one of those, Mark has urged me to create another JIRA for MVEL, and
this I just won't do. For me, as a *Drools *user, this project *Drools *has
adopted MVEL as a vehicle for primary expression and statement evaluation;
since 5.2.0 it seems that I don't have a choice for some parts of the Drools
language. For me, this means that the full responsibility now rests with the
Drools team - I cannot simply work around by sticking with 'dialect "java"'.

Sorry if this sounds harsh and egocentric, but what I've heard about MVEL
maintainer's non-eagerness for fixing bugs hasn't inspired me to do
otherwise. (Since this is hearsay, I should add the politically correct
statement: "innocent until proven otherwise".)

Regards
Wolfgang