[rules-dev] JDK1.5 compatibility

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 04:55:31 EST 2011

Hi,

Since we are destined to retain JDK1.5 compatibility for the time being and
the likelihood that we're making new workspaces (or what not) as the GIT
split-up progresses this is probably a good time to mention that, those of
us running with a JDK1.6, should ensure compatibility is set to 1.5.

There's been a number of classes checked into GIT (for Guvnor) following the
split-up that had been written against a JDK1.6 with JDK1.6 compatibility
which fail to compile for those of us running either JDK1.5 or JDK1.6 with
JDK1.5 compatibility.

I'm among the guilty so this isn't a finger pointing exercise, just a
reminder as it's too easy to forget.

Cheers,

Mike