[rules-dev] Need to audit decision table action column values

gomodus gaurav_x105 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 13:21:17 EST 2011

We have a decision table that has a number of rows. Each row has a few Action
columns that hold values that change over a period of time => new versions
of the decision table are created.

We are required to create a report that shows how the values have changed
over time. In essence, we need the report to have the following layout:
date/timestamp | condition column 1 value | condition column 2 value |
action column 1 old value | action column 1 new value | action column 2 old
value | action column 2 new value

The report is to be built in a package that mainly works off a SQL database.
So, we need a way to put decision table changes into one or more database
tables.

Fetching multiple versions of the decision table XML from JCR and parsing
the XML appears complicated. Please suggest what are our options - any
listeners, loggers that can help extract these values?

Thanks