[rules-dev] Hudson is building 5.2.1-Final....

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 03:56:34 EDT 2011

> There should be no 5.2.1. Only 5.3. Seems there is a jira too. Best to
> nuke the 5.2.1 jira and upate everything to 5.3.
So there's no point in backporting issues to the 5.2.x branch?
Should I spend time fixing the issue build issue on the 5.2.x branch or
does the workaround suffice?

>> Do we need to revert some POMs or something, or are we too late or is
>> everything OK?
>>
>> Also, if you git clone (I rebased, but assume the same) 5.2.x it
>> fails to compile due to parental issues (references 5.2.1).
The workaround is to clone all of droolsjbpm, and build with mvn-all.sh.

Technical details:
To avoid some issues with the jbpm installer URL's, I believed it would
be easier to put the branch on 5.2.1 directly instead of 5.2.1-SNAPSHOT
as it should be.
Those unfinished 5.2.1's are deployed to a nexus staging repository
(which is a dead end), so they are not released.
However... since those snapshots aren't available on a real repository
(being the release or snapshot respository), you can't build a git repo
without building everything.

> Mark
>>
>> Geoffrey?

With kind regards,