[rules-dev] The drools 5.3 release won't have a related jbpm release

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:11:54 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

Kris doesn't want to have 3 jbpm releases (Beta1, CR1, Final) at this time,
so our releases (droolsjbpm-integration, guvnor, tools, ...) will depend
on the latest released jbpm version, so 5.1.0.Final.
I've just changed master so it is reflected that they use jbpm
5.1.0.Final instead of 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

Because jbpm 5.1.0 should be able to work with drools 5.3.0 (instead
5.2.0) on a binary level, Kris believes there shouldn't be a problem.
If this works (we 'll see on Monday :), then drools and jbpm can have
independent releases (*) - which is a good thing of course.
(*) provided the versions used together are compatible on a binary level

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet