[rules-dev] Planner: should getBestSolution() return null when there is no initialized solution?

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 06:07:01 EDT 2011

Op 28-06-11 11:23, Lukáš Petrovický schreef:

> I'd vote for 1) - when the solution is not fully initialized, it doesn't
> fulfill my requirements for a solution. So, instead of calling it the
> best solution, let's make it null.
Make sense. Do note that the best solution might still break hard
constraints (depending on allocated planning time and testdata difficulty),
which many also consider that it doesn't furfill their requirements for
a solution.
OTH, there might not even be a solution that doesn't break any hard
constraints.

--

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet