[rules-dev] docbook - ensuring images fit correctly in PDF

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed May 11 11:27:00 EDT 2011

Instead of having to do add that for every image, we should fix it on
the styles itself.
I created an issue for that long ago:
   https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JDOCBOOKSTYLE-19
If there's a patch, I can fix and release those styles (I did a release
of them last week to stop hudson crashing downloading from eclipse repo's).

You didn't happen to test with both images that were to big and those
that were to small for a page? :)
Image to big => should be scaled down
Image to small => should NOT be scaled up to fit the page width (looks
awe-full).
That might be the tricky part :/

Op 11-05-11 17:04, Michael Anstis schreef:
> If you've ever struggled to get an image to scale correctly in the PDF
> form of our documentation I "discovered" "scalefit" this afternoon.
>
> Set it to "1" on your imagedata and it'll fit perfectly in HTML and PDF :)
>
> <mediaobject>
> <imageobject>
> <imagedata fileref="whatever.png" format="PNG" scalefit="1" >
> </imagedata>
> </imageobject>
> </mediaobject

With kind regards,