[rules-dev] Bugzilla: When you're not going to do something

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 09:51:22 EDT 2012

Hi,

Kris and I had a chat the other day about what best to do in Bugzilla when
an item is not to be worked on.

I chatted with Lucas P and, whilst a process is not well defined, we felt
the following best (and as assumed already by Kris):-

1) When you need answer from someone, use the needinfo flag.
2) When the bug isn't being fixed for the release, put it to NEW (when
you're not going to work on it) or ASSIGNED (when you are)

Pretty obvious, but surprisingly different to what I (and possibly others)
was doing.

With kind regards,

Mike