[rules-dev] salience alternative with before/after

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 01:08:36 EST 2012

I think it would be a great idea as long as it's not just generating the salience code below under the covers. (Taking your example literally.)  But I assume you're just creating a conflict resolution relation based on the annotations.  This solves the main problem with salience which is it's global reach. (i.e. all rules marked with salience are related whether you want them to be or not.)

Maybe more specifically worded annotations would be good: @firesBefore() and @firesAfter()

And you don't have it in the examples below, but I'm assuming you could have multiple before and after annotations per rule.

Also, you mentioned agenda-groups: could this be extended to those as well?  i.e. instead of groups activating in LIFO order, be explicitly ordered by annotation?