[rules-dev] drools 5.5, 6.0 and roadmap

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Jul 4 10:15:52 EDT 2012

It's early days, it will take time to refine. Once we start implementing
this in the parser, we will find aspects that will not work, due to
ambiguity; so stuff will come out of the wood work. Even after
implementation we'll have plenty of time to tweak it, until we start
using it in ernest, it's hard to get a real feel for things.

Btw I'm not sure what you mean by "alternatives" here, I suspect that
will confuse others too:
The 'case' phrases are not alternatives, but 'break' is available to
terminate the switch CE after a match

Also maybe re-include my rich/poor example, it'll help illustrate the
usage. But can remove my MDP bit, so it's just another part of the
documentation.

Mark