[rules-dev] trigger patterns

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Jul 19 18:59:25 EDT 2012

I think for now I'll leave it with !*, and make sure that ? works for
patterns, with the same behaviour as it has for queries - i.e. modifies
and retracts will be ignored. We can look at other types of behaviour
later, when we start to see some uses for them.

To clarify the other type of behaviour that I think is possible is for a
? type construct, that will not propagate on insert (it has to be left
triggered), but it may propagate on retract and/or modify. Potentially
this could be annotation that controls the behaviour of what actions are
and are not propagated.

Mark