[rules-dev] NPE with nested patterns

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 04:11:55 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,
I'm having a NPE in one of the rules I'm using and I can't find the cause.
I'm attaching a test project that shows the problem.
Basically, I have 1 rule that contains some nested 'ands' and 'ors'
patterns. The rule is being auto-generated from some data, that is why it
has this strange structure.
We tried to refactor the rule by separating it in different
rules, extract some common factors, etc. and in some cases it works.
So I'm not sure whether the original rule is wrong or if I'm hitting a bug
in Drools.
Inside the test project you can find the original rule
(SimpleHighRiskSepsis.drl) and all the other refactors we did.

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com
- Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com