[rules-dev] [osgi-dev] Provide both blueprint and DS ?

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sat Mar 30 12:48:10 EDT 2013

When in non osgi code you need a static method to retrieve the root service, otherwise you have to use "new". No way around that without something like CDI or OSGi.

Something else to be aware of:
ServiceRegistryImpl and ServiceRegistry

The ServiceRegistry uses a service locator pattern, that is designed to abstract containers. The default implementation is reflection based, but it has OSGi wrappers too. This way we can build services, and they can work standalone or with OSGi or Spring or what ever, without tieing our core implementations to one specific service implementation.

Mark