[rules-users] Fetching Facts from WM...

Steven Williams stevearoonie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 23:15:34 EDT 2007

Two ways you could do it:

List list = workingMemory.getObjects(Target.class);

or use a query:

drl:
query "target objects"
    Target()
end

code:
QueryResults results = workingMemory.getQueryResults( "target objects" );

cheers
Steve

On 4/10/07, jdepaul <jjdepaul at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Suppose my client code initially asserts two Facts into WorkingMemory
> instance:  one Source object and one TargetOne object.  As the rules get
> applied, some of the rules may assert additional Target facts into WM.
> How
> can I retrieve all of the Target facts (however many were created) from
> the
> WorkingMemory after fireAllRules() method was called (regardless of how
> many
> Target objects were created as a result)?!
>
> I will not know the concrete type of the target object types that were
> asserted into WM instance, as they can be as many as 7 class sub-types
> (TargetOne, TargetTwo, TargetThree), though they will all share a common
> super-class (com.mypackage.Target).  Can someone show an example on how to
> fetch the resulting Target objects after fireAllRules() is called and
> filter
> out the Target objects?
>
> Thanks in advance -
> James

Steven Williams

Supervising Consultant

Object Consulting
Office: 8615 4500 Mob: 0439 898 668 Fax: 8615 4501
stevenw at objectconsulting.com.au
www.objectconsulting.com.au

consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference