[rules-users] Dynamic property names...

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Tue Apr 10 09:04:42 EDT 2007

   That templates are the equivalent to "fact templates" in clips rules
engine. I think it is not what you are looking for.

   I think what you want is DSL. Take a look at the manual, but if you try
it out, try it with trunk. It is not included in 3.1M1 release.

   []s
   Edson

2007/4/9, jdepaul <jjdepaul at us.ibm.com>:

> I'm looking to modularize and re-use as many rule components and functions
> as
> possible.
>
> I wanted to ask about a concept of a Template in Drools - is there a
> notion
> of a Rule Template for LHS or RHS that I could user?  I'm thinking of a
> RuleTemplate that a user customizes:  they'd specify the field property
> and
> select a pre-defined Template - the Template would defined prescribed
> behavior and operation for that property.  I.e. you specify the property
> name and the template will include the code to do mapping and object
> saving
> actions for you substituting field name where appropriate - anything like
> that available, or is that something that a custom front-end application
> would need to implement?
>
> I was intrigued when I noticed that one of the Drools IDE views had a
> button
> to Show/Hide Templates - not sure what that means in this case, but
> hopefully it's just what I'm after... hehe.
>
> Thanks,
> James

  Edson Tirelli
  Office: +55 11 3124-6000