[rules-users] Basic Questions

Ronald R. DiFrango ron.difrango at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 13:52:35 EDT 2007

I will try to answer the questions as best I can and hopefully someone else
will chime in:

1) Drools use to be the former name of JBoss Rules.  I am assuming they did
not see the need to re-package everything once it went under the JBoss
umbrella.  This is similar to how Hibernate works.

2) .drl files are the standard syntax and meta language for the rules
files.  It is best if you read Section 3 of the JBoss rules manual at:

http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossrules/freezone/docs/3.0.6/html_single/index.html#d0e1450

3) Your best bet to validate the rules is to use the Eclipse plugin.  See
the following:

http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossrules/freezone/docs/3.0/html/ch02.html

Hope that helps!

Ron