[rules-users] activation-group

Bynum, Joe jbynum at onecommunications.com
Mon Apr 23 10:02:48 EDT 2007

All,

I'm trying to setup three rules to process orders as a test case.  The
first two rules look for specific conditions and the third one is the
default rule.  I only want a single rule to fire for each order that I
pass into the engine.  I gave all three rules the same activation-group.
The first two rules have a salience of 10 and the third rule has the
default salience value.  The problem that I'm experiencing is that only
one order is processed and the rest are skipped.

Here's a snippet from the rules file:

rule "837621 - Stage 5"

    activation-group "Harris"

    salience 10

    when

        flowid is 1798

        workflow in stage "5"

    then

        assign prov plan "Harris Gtwy-ChXchange-New Loop"

        complete task "FAC VER"

end

rule "828257 - New Order"

    activation-group "Harris"

    salience 10

    when

        flowid is 1798

        workflow in stage "1"

    then

        assign prov plan "Harris Gtwy-ChXchange-New Loop"

end

rule "1798 Default"

    activation-group "Harris"

    salience 0

    when

        flowid is 1798

    then

        assign prov plan "Harris Gtwy-ChXchange-New Loop"=

end

Any Ideas?