[rules-users] NPE on retract

Chris West crayzfishr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:25:11 EDT 2007

I'll try to create a self contained test.  It may be a difficult task. The
error seems to come and go depending on which other rules I leave in my rule
set.  In particular, there is another rule that has many conditions and only
logs a message as the consequence that when it is included in the rule set,
this error occurs.  That particular rule has nothing to do with the type of
object being retracted.

My misunderstanding was that Drools used object identity with an
IdentifyHashMap unless it was configured to use a regular HashMap.  Is this
not the case?

Concerning not having equals/hashcode changing while the object is asserted
into working memory, is it ok for them to change as long as it is followed
by a "modify("?  Is there different behavior between calling "modify" and
calling "retract and re-assert"?

Thanks for you help,
-Chris