[rules-users] on update

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Aug 2 18:09:44 EDT 2007

   Sergey,

   I don't think you will get the behavior you described, out of the box.
What you can do, is delegate to the engine the actual update work.

rule "on updated cost write to archive old value"
        when
                $cost : Cost( $oldAmount : amount )
                $event : CostUpdateEvent( $newAmount : amount, object ==
$cost )
        then
                //... write to archive $oldAmount
                $cost.setAmount( $newAmount );
                update( $cost );
                retract( $event );
end

   Right now, shadow facts don't expose it's cache for use in rules in a
safe way. So, I believe something like the above is the best approach.

    []s
    Edson

2007/8/2, Manukyan, Sergey <SManukyan at lear.com>:

> Folks,
>
> I need a rule that will track changes to cost amount and do something
> with his old value.
>
> Like that :
>
> rule "on updated cost write to archive old value"
>         when
>                 cost : Cost()
>                 old_cost : Cost(amount != cost.amount)  // how can I
> specify the OLD cost object before it was updated???
>         then
>                 ... write to archive $old_cost.amount
> end
>

> Is it possible at all?
>
> Something like in database system triggers, when you have "on update"
> and then you have OLD value and NEW values available...?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> -Sergey
>

> **********************
> ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
> **********************
>
> This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
> legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
> information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
> or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
> this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
> hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
> or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this message in
> error, please immediately notify the sender and
> delete this E-mail message from your computer.

  Edson Tirelli
  Office: +55 11 3529-6000
  Mobile: +55 11 9287-5646