[rules-users] Fwd: Performance Tuning

Yuri de Wit ydewit at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 01:11:50 EDT 2007

second try...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yuri de Wit <ydewit at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 3, 2007 9:26 PM
Subject: Performance Tuning
To: Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

I am trying to improve performance on a Large DataSet, few Rules app
and came accross these two properties, which by default is false:

RuleBaseConfiguration.PROPERTY_INDEX_LEFT_BETA_MEMORY
RuleBaseConfiguration.PROPERTY_HASH_ALPHA_NODES

What do they mean actually? How and when should I use them?

I am trying to chase a O(n^2) performance problem that I understand it
is probably caused by the way I coded the rules, but it seems that I
need to deepen my understanding to actually find the hotspots. Are
there any techniques (that I probably dont know) that can help me find
what rule(s) is causing the issue?

As always thanks for previous answers

- Yuri