[rules-users] Simple Example / Tutorial

Dr. Gernot Starke gs at gernotstarke.de
Sun Aug 5 15:03:45 EDT 2007

Robert,

1.) I did some illustration around a HelloWorld example on http://
rbs.gernotstarke.de/samples/samples/hellorules.html

There's no code to download - but the explanation might be helpful.

2.) An excellent explanation on the mechanisms of a production rule
engine is given in the ruleworks user guide, look here:
http://www.ruleworks.co.uk/uguide/rwug1.html

It explains the recognize-match-act cycle (which is called
differently in JBoss-Drools, but works VERY similar)

3.) Use a debugger to step through the simple Drools examples... use
the DebugEventListener to get detailed info on rule
activation & execution...

enjoy,
Gernot

Am 05.08.2007 um 18:54 schrieb Robert Burdick:

> Hello All:
>

> I’m still finding the samples that I’ve come across far too obtuse
> to easily illustrate how JBoss Rules works.  I really need the
> worlds simplest working example (no missing code files as in many
> of the examples) with a tutorial / description that really explains
> what’s going on.  You’ve all been through this: can anyone share
> how they got going?

Dr. Gernot Starke
Doing IT Right

---
Willi-Lauf Allee 43, D-50858 Köln
gs at gernotstarke.de,
  +49 (0) 177 - 728 2570
http://www.gernotstarke.de
Blog: http://it-and-more.blogspot.com
Das freie Portal für Software-Architekten:
http://www.arc42.de