[rules-users] Storing temp results in eval block

cfili cfilippelli at cerner.com
Mon Aug 6 14:52:50 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have just started using Drools 4.0 and I am very pleased so far.  I do
have one question regarding storage of a result from within an eval block.
For example if I have the following eval in my rule:

eval((value1 /value2) > 0.5)

Is there a way to store the result of value1/value2 in a temp variable so
that it can be accessed in the "then" part of my rule?  I want to avoid
recomputing the result again in the then section.

Thanks.