[rules-users] How to dump the class/src generated by .drl file?

Yang Song starsy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 06:01:33 EDT 2007

Greetings everyone,

Does anyone know how to dump the class generated from .drl file to disk? Or
even better if the generated Java source file can be dumped?

Looking for some hints here, I got a NPE when firing the rules. However, it
is really hard to find out why the NEP was thrown...  If I can have the
dumped class file, then I can be disassemble it back to Java code.

To debug this rule in Eclipse is a bit difficult here, because the
project is a little "big" and we usually use logging to do debugging...

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at monitor.Rule_ftp_other_host_alarm_0.consequence
(Rule_ftp_other_host_alarm_0.java:23)
        at monitor.Rule_ftp_other_host_alarm_0ConsequenceInvoker.evaluate
(Rule_ftp_other_host_alarm_0ConsequenceInvoker.java:26)
        at org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireActivation(DefaultAgenda.java
:545)
        at org.drools.common.DefaultAgenda.fireNextItem(DefaultAgenda.java
:509)
        at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.fireAllRules(
AbstractWorkingMemory.java:430)
        at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.fireAllRules(
AbstractWorkingMemory.java:392)
        at com.monitor.ruleengine.InferenceMachine.fireAllRules(
InferenceMachine.java:400)
        at com.monitor.ruleengine.InferenceMachine.run(InferenceMachine.java
:314)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Thanks very much,
Yang