[rules-users] Drools - exception - regarding

PN Subramanian pn.subramanian at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 06:01:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

Does drools work with JDK 1.4 ?

The following is what i have in my xml rules file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rule-set name="Tests assignment rules" xmlns="http://drools.org/rules"
    xmlns:java="http://drools.org/semantics/java"

    <java:import>java.lang.String</java:import>
    <java:import>java.util.List</java:import>

    <rule name="rule1" salience="100">
        <parameter identifier="message">
            <java:class>
                String
            </java:class>
        </parameter>
        <java:condition>message.equals("testMessage")</java:condition>
        <java:consequence>
            System.out.println("Received message "+testMessage);
        </java:consequence>
    </rule>

</rule-set>

Have included the following jar files in the classpath.
1) drools-compiler-4.0.0.jar
2) drools-core-4.0.0.jar
3) antlr-runtime-3.0.jar
4) core-3.2.3.v_686_R32x.jar
5) mvel14-1.2rc1.jar

Have placed the rules in an xml file. The xml file is placed in the
folder/package "rules/test". When the application tries to call the
"loadFromReader" method, after getting the InputStreamReader,  i get the
following exception

[8/10/07 13:16:24:173 GMT] 00000045 SystemErr     R
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder$MissingPackageNameException: Missing
package name for rule package.

Would appreciate if someone could guide me on this.

--
P.N.Subramanian