[rules-users] Re: Independent rule evaluations

Yuri ydewit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 14:29:12 EDT 2007

Brian Sam-Bodden <bsbodden <at> integrallis.com> writes:
> You can use Agenda Filters or Agenda Groups I believe.

Hi Brian,

afaik, agenda-groups just layers the rule activations so that it becomes easier
to manage their activations instead of resorting to managing saliences on
individual rules, but it does not preclude the rule "when" part to be evaluated
when asserting new facts.

I can easily create a custom barrier object that I can assert when it is time to
trigger the eval of the time consuming rules, but I was wondering whether there
was any built in functionality that would accomplish the same.

thanks