[rules-users] RuntimeDroolsException

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Aug 16 09:14:23 EDT 2007

This exception is thrown when it cannot find (one of) the necessary libraries for loading the Java Dialect.  In this case probably the eclipse jdt compiler.  Make sure all the necessary dependencies are in your classpath.  If you are using a Drools project, the Drools classpath container should automatically do that for you.

However, note that the eclipse plugin currently only works with eclipse 3.2.x, it will be upgraded to 3.3 for the next major release.  If I remember correctly, I believe this exception is thrown if you try to use the plugin in eclipse 3.3.

Kris