[rules-users] RE: trivial case in xls

Bin Shen (BA/EDD) bin.shen at ericsson.com
Thu Aug 16 10:20:12 EDT 2007

but, u haven't answered my question.

i see the grouped hidden lines in the example.

i use yr terms. the condition ("snippet" in my term) can not be empty, and the action ("cell" in my term) can be empty. in my case how should i put the condition, when no field constraint is there? how should i put in the action? an empty makes the condition not applicable!

the case i raised seems trivial. actually it finds many applications as follows.

rule "main"
	salience 10
	when
 		$p : Person(age > 35)
 	then
 		// do something with persons older than 35
		System.out.println("hello, " + $p + "!");
end

rule "otherwise"
	when
 		$p : Person()
 	then
		// ignore other persons, i.e. retract them to avoid memory leaks
 		retract($p);
end

/ Ben