[rules-users] Cryptic error message: org.drools.compiler.FunctionError at 191394e

Scott Reed sreed at spamcop.net
Fri Aug 17 13:15:26 EDT 2007

I have converted my 3.1 DRL to 4.0, think I have the dependencies worked out (removed
antlr-30ea8.jar) and now I am getting a cryptic error message from the DRL compiler:

Rules.getRuleBase. org.drools.compiler.FunctionError at 191394e
org.drools.rule.InvalidRulePackage: org.drools.compiler.FunctionError at 191394e
	at org.drools.rule.Package.checkValidity(Package.java:412)
	at org.drools.common.AbstractRuleBase.addPackage(AbstractRuleBase.java:292)

Am I missing something with the plugin, is my DRL so badly munged the compiler can't explain what's
wrong, or what?

Thanks,
   Scott