[rules-users] statelessSession and rule flow

Shahad Ahmed shahad.ahmed2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:20:36 EDT 2007

I asked this question on Aug 10 and got a reply from Mark Proctor saying the
only way to currently do this is as follows:

"you would have to call drools.getWorkingMemory().startProcess(id) from
inside of a consequence."

This means that you would have to create a rule that is always guaranteed to
fire first e.g. with a "when" condition of true and a salience that is
higher than all the other rules. The "then" part of the rule will be a call
to drools.getWorkingMemory().startProcess(id).

Personally I don't like this, as there should really be an API option to set
a ruleflow to a stateless session. Do a search for statelesssession +
ruleflow in the rules-users archives for a the original thread (started on
Aug 10).

Regards
Shahad