[rules-users] How to limit results from a collect statement

pentarious cristiano.giuffrida at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 07:19:46 EDT 2007

I know. Actually I didn't put any update or insert statement in the code just
to make it simpler. The actual code looks like:
when
      $itemList : ArrayList() from collect( Item( category == "VIDEO" ) )
then
      ItemDiscount disc = new ItemDiscount(10);
      insert(disc);
      $myFirstItem = (Item)$itemList.get(0);
      $mySecondItem = (Item)$itemList.get(1);
      $myFirstItem.addDiscount(disc);
      $mySecondItem.addDiscount(disc);
      update($myFirstItem);
      update($mySecondItem);
Now, why this doesn't work at all? It does work if I write a rule for each
item using in the when clause $item  : Item from $itemList, but as I said I
need to write a list-oriented rule.

Regards,

CG